Pure Soap Base - SLS/SLES Free
Pure Soap Base - SLS/SLES Free
A premium soap highly recommended for delicate or problematic skin.
Made from 100% vegetable oil like Virgin Coconut Oil, Unrefined Palm Oil, and Castor Oil, Craftiviti's Pure Soap Base is ideal for those with sensitive, dry, eczema, or acne-prone skin.
This soap base is yellowish in colour because it uses naturally derived unrefined palm oil that is high in moisturizing ingredients.
Makes long-lasting and firm soap bars. Free from SLS and SLES, this soap is light on lather but is still able to cleanse brilliantly without leaving the skin too dry.
2 ways of using this soap
- Use as it is. Cut the bar to the size you need. Suitable for face, total body and hand washing.
- Or, you can melt the soap base and add your own essential oils, fragrance oils, plant powders, soap dye, butters, carrier oils, etc. to customize soaps to your liking.
FUN FACT - This 1kg bar will make at least 10 bars of 100g soaps. Now that's a lot of bars!
- Size: Available in 1kg and 10kg
- Form: Solid bar
- Odour: Characteristic Soap Scent (Unscented)
- Color: Yellowish Transluscent
- Melting Point: 50 - 60°C
- Flash Point: Miscible
- pH: 7.5-8.5 (neat at 25°C)
- 9 - 10.5 (1% in water at 25°C)
- Biodegradability - Readily biodegradable
- 1kg Soap Dimensions: Approx. 6 cm (Height) x 16.2 cm (Length) x 9 cm (Width)
What are the benefits of Craftiviti Pure Soap Base?
- No Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) and Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES)
- No scent / perfume
- No parabens
- No harmful chemicals
- No animal origin
- No ethylene oxide
- No alcohol
- No allergenic properties
- High glycerin and moisturizing content
- Safe for daily use
- Ideal as a base for medicated soaps
"Formulated and appreciated by professional and beginner soap makers for many years"
What makes a good soap base
- Check the ingredient list
- Get to know the supplier
- Let you skin be the judge
- Good soap bases do not last as long as commercial soaps because they do not contain fillers, thickeners or hardeners
- Make sure your soap base is not too hard or to soft. The consistency when cutting should be like butter
- Good soap bases should not smell like chemical or smell offending in any way
- Retains color and scent well
- Good soap bases are filled with glycerin which is very moisturizing. This causes soaps to sweat if not wrapped up. Sweating is a good sign.
- Should not be drying on your skin
How to make soap with Craftiviti Pure Soap Base?
See here for more instructions: Beginner soap making
- Melt soap base in a double boiler or microwave over low heat to prevent over-heating.
- Allow the melted base to cool for 5 minutes.
- When using Essential Oils/Fragrance Oil, add approximately 1tsp to 450g of the soap base's weight. The strength of the scent will differ oil to oil.
- (Optional for moisturizing effect) Add 1tbsp of pure shea butter or cocoa butter or any carrier oil to every 450g soap base
- You can also add in soap dyes or other additives such as lavender buds or rose petals, etc.
- Pour into mold or container and let it set for 2 to 3 hours
- Once the soap has hardened, pop it out and cling wrap the soap for keeping. You can use it right away too!
Why choose Craftiviti Pure Soap Base?
Texture and Formulation
In its purest form, Craftiviti soap bases last longer. Our soaps are also firmer without using any artificial hardeners or chemical additives. When you slice through our raw soap base, you will notice how much resistance there is. The soap base is rich and compact, unlike some which are often light and brittle when cut.
Pick up our soap bases, and you can tell by the weight alone that it contains only pure soap made from the goodness of rich, pure oils. Pick up a lesser base and the weight is lesser too. This is because our Pure Soap Base contains no fillers. It only contains pure and Unrefined Palm Oil, Virgin Coconut Oil and Castor Oil, combined with NaOH to create soap in its purest form.
Virgin Coconut Oil, Unrefined Palm Oil, Caster Oil, Glycerin, Sucrose, Sodium Hydroxide, Decyl glucoside, Cocamidophyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride.
For more soap making ingredients, tools, fragrance oils, essential oils, butters, carrier oils, craft kits and DIY workshops, please visit our Award Winning Experience outlet - Craftiviti.
For bulk orders, kindly email email@example.com.