Available in 3 sizes
- Small - Top 2.3cm(D) x Mid 4cm(Diameter) x 7.1cm(Height)
- Medium - Top 3cm(D) x Mid 6cm(Diameter) x 10.8cm(Height)
- Large - Top 4cm(D) x Mid 8cm(Diameter) x 14.1cm(Height)
- Clean mold with isopropyl alcohol or hot water. Wipe dry.
- Get your wick ready by gluing/tacking/knotting it to the bottom of the wick hole.
- Clip the wick upright with plastic clip at the top of the mold.
- In another pot, melt wax under low power using a microwave or in a double boiler. Be careful not to overheat wax. Stir occasionally (overheated wax will discolor and/or burn your wax).
- Remove wax from fire and allow wax to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Add color & fragrance or essential oils. (Oils will evaporate if the wax is too hot)
- Stir and mix gently.
- Optional to spray a release agent into the mold before pouring. This will ease demolding of the candle.
- Gently pour the wax into plastic mold. Make sure the wick is upright and taunt at all times.
- Leakages may happen especially with two part molds like the egg mold here. Just wait for the wax to cool and simply peel it off the table top. Working on a silicon mat or newspaper helps. To avoid future leaks, just seal the joining of the mold with clay.
- Allow wax to set at room temperature and let it cure for 1-2 days.
- To remove the candle from the mold, squeeze the mold in all direction, gently tap the mold and slowly let it slide. If candle refused to come out, place the mold in the freezer for 2 minutes and try again.
We suggest to experiment with a small batch to get the right scent and wick for your candle. Add variations by doing different coloured layers or combining different waxes together.
More craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).