This Creamy Palm Wax is a vegetable based hard wax of palm oil origin. It is ideal for making container candles, pillar candles & tealight candles. Creates smooth, shiny and creamy white candles with a premium luxurious look. This wax does not crystallize like normal palm wax, and it has a long burn time and lasting scent throw. It can also be blended with other natural waxes and paraffin wax.
Country of Origin: Malaysia
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDLE MAKING:
- Get your wicks and sustainer ready by gluing it to the bottom of the jars/containers.
- Clip the wick upright with plastic clip at the top of the jars/containers.
- Melt wax (around 70 °C) in a steel pot directly over low fire or in a double boiler. Be careful not to overheat wax.
- Stir occasionally (overheated wax will discolour and/or burn your wax).
- Once melted, remove from heat source and stir to lower the temperature. Blend in fragrance oils at 65 °C. You can also add in candle dye.
- Pour into mold or container at 60 °C.
- Allow wax to set at room temperature and let it cure for 1-2 days before using.
To clean up your tools and pot, wipe them clean with a paper towel while the wax is still melted. Spray 99.8% Isopropyl Alcohol and wipe again until clean.
We suggest to experiment with a small batch to get the right scent and look for your candle before making large batches. Add variations by doing different coloured layers or combining different waxes together.
WHEN BLENDING WITH PARAFFIN WAX...
You can use up to 60% of Creamy Palm Wax for container candles and thin pillar candles. For candles with larger diameters (70 mm onwards), Creamy Palm Wax should be reduced.
Compatible candle colourants and fragrance should be suitable for both vegetable and paraffin wax blend, in order to have the same shades and prevent dripping.
Creamy Palm Wax has different burn characteristics to paraffin waxes as it is a natural wax. It is recommended to use flat braided wicks that are 20% larger than the candle diameter for Creamy Palm Wax candles.
More craft materials available online and at our craft shop at Craftiviti Sdn. Bhd. (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia).