Easy to use and ideal for beginner soap makers, Craftiviti's Shea Butter Melt & Pour Soap Base is made with shea butter that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the Shea (Karite) Tree.
Shea Butter is naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F. Vitamin F it makes it great at strengthening the skin barrier.
This creamy soap base is opaque white, highly moisturizing, long-lasting and firm to the touch. It produces a rich and smooth lather that does not dry out your skin.
2 ways of using this soap
- Use as it is. Cut the bar to the size you need. Suitable for total body and hand wash.
- Or, you can melt the soap base and add your own essential oils, fragrance oils, plant powders, soap dye, butters, carrier oils, etc. to customize soaps to your liking.
FUN FACT - This 10kg bar will make at least 100 bars of 100g soaps. Now that's a lot of bars!
- Size: Available in 1kg and 10kg
- Form: Solid bar
- Odour: Characteristic Soap Scent (Unscented)
- Color: White
- Melting Point: 50 - 60°C
- Flash Point: Miscible
- pH: 7.5-8.5 (neat at 25°C)
- 9 - 10.5 (1% in water at 25°C)
- Biodegradability - Readily biodegradable
Benefits of Craftiviti Shea Butter Soap Base are:
- No scent / perfume
- No parabens
- No harmful chemicals
- No animal origin
- No alcohol
- No allergenic properties
- Shea Butter - moisturizes, treats acne and blemishes, reduces skin inflammation and signs of aging, restores skin elasticity and reduces stretch marks
- High glycerin and moisturizing content
- Odourless base (for superior fragrance release)
- Good heating stability for repeated melting and pouring into mold
- Safe for daily use
Shea Butter Benefits for Skin:
- Treats acne and blemishes
- Reduces skin inflammation
- Reduces signs of aging
- Restores skin elasticity
- Reduces stretch marks
"Formulated and appreciated by professional and beginner soap makers for many years"
What makes a good soap base
- Check the ingredient list
- Get to know the supplier
- Let you skin be the judge
- Good soap bases do not last as long as commercial soaps because they do not contain fillers, thickeners or hardeners
- Make sure your soap base is not too hard or to soft. The consistency when cutting should be like butter
- Good soap bases should not smell like chemical or smell offending in any way
- Retains color and scent well
- Good soap bases are filled with glycerin which is very moisturizing. This causes soaps to sweat if not wrapped up. Sweating is a good sign.
- Should not be drying on your skin
How to make soap with Craftiviti Shea Butter Soap Base:
See here for more instructions: Beginner soap making
- Melt soap base in a double boiler or microwave over low heat to prevent over-heating.
- Allow the melted base to cool for 5 minutes.
- When using Essential Oils/Fragrance Oil, add approximately 1tsp to 450g of the soap base's weight. The strength of the scent will differ oil to oil.
- (Optional for extra moisturizing effect) Add 1tbsp of pure shea butter or cocoa butter or any carrier oil to every 450g soap base
- You can also add in soap dyes or other additives such as lavender buds or rose petals, etc.
- Pour into mold or container and let it set for 2 to 3 hours
- Once the soap has hardened, pop it out and cling wrap the soap for keeping. You can use it right away too!
Why choose Craftiviti Shea Butter Soap Base?
Texture and Formulation
In its purest form, Craftiviti soap bases last longer. Our soaps are also firmer without using any artificial hardeners or chemical additives. When you slice through our raw soap base, you will notice how much resistance there is. The soap base is rich and compact and not light and brittle when cut.
Pick up our soap bases, and you can tell by the weight alone that it contains only pure soap made from the goodness of rich, pure oils. Pick up a lesser base and the weight is lesser too. This is because our Shea Butter Soap Base contains no fillers. It only contains pure vegetable oils and shea butter combined with NaOH to create soap in its purest form.
Craftiviti Shea Butter Soap Base Ingredients
Lauric Acid & Stearic Acid derived from vegetable oils, Glycerin, Sucrose, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Shea Butter, Propolyne Glycol, Sodium Chloride.
Want to see how this product looks like in real life? Visit us at out store at 10 Boulevard, Petaling Jaya!
For bulk orders, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org.