Easy to use and ideal for beginner soap makers, Stephenson Crystal Oatmeal & Shea Soap Base uses oatmeal as a natural exfoliant and is enriched with shea butter which leaves the feeling soft and nourished.
This soap base is opaque white with suspended exfoliating oatmeal, highly moisturizing, long-lasting and firm to the touch. It offers fantastic skin feel, combining the exfoliating properties of oatmeal with enriching shea butter.
2 ways of using this soap
- Use as it is. Cut the bar to the size you need. Suitable for total body and hand wash.
- Or, you can melt the soap base and add your own essential oils, fragrance oils, plant powders, soap dye, butters, carrier oils, etc. to customize soaps to your liking.
FUN FACT - This 1kg bar will make at least 10 bars of 100g soaps. Now that's a lot of bars!
- Size: Available in 1kg
- Form: Solid bar
- Odour: Characteristic Soap Scent (Unscented)
- Color: Off White With Oatmeal Particles
- Melting Point: 50 - 60°C
- Flash Point: Miscible
- pH: 9.5-10.5
- Biodegradability - Readily biodegradable
Benefits of Stephenson Crystal Oatmeal & Shea Butter Soap Base:
- Naturally exfoliating
- Helps remove dead skin cells
- Enriched with natural shea butter
- High in Vitamin E, D & Provitamin A
- No scent / perfume
- No parabens
- No harmful chemicals
- No alcohol
- No allergenic properties
- High foaming
- Odourless base (for superior fragrance release)
- Safe for daily use
"Formulated and appreciated by professional and beginner soap makers for many years"
What makes a good soap base
- Check the ingredient list
- Get to know the supplier
- Let you skin be the judge
- Good soap bases do not last as long as commercial soaps because they do not contain fillers, thickeners or hardeners
- Make sure your soap base is not too hard or to soft. The consistency when cutting should be like butter
- Good soap bases should not smell like chemical or smell offending in any way
- Retains color and scent well
- Good soap bases are filled with glycerin which is very moisturizing. This causes soaps to sweat if not wrapped up. Sweating is a good sign.
- Should not be drying on your skin
How to make soap with Stephenson Crystal Oatmeal & Shea Butter Soap Base:
See here for more instructions: Beginner soap making
- Melt soap base in a double boiler or microwave over low heat to prevent over-heating.
- Allow the melted base to cool for 5 minutes.
- When using Essential Oils/Fragrance Oil, add approximately 1tsp to 450g of the soap base's weight. The strength of the scent will differ oil to oil.
- (Optional for botanical benefits) Add 1/2 tsp of plant powders to every 500g soap base
- You can also add in soap dyes or other additives such as lavender buds or rose petals, etc.
- Pour into mold or container and let it set for 2 to 3 hours
- Once the soap has hardened, pop it out and cling wrap the soap for keeping. You can use it right away too!
Why choose Stephenson Crystal Oatmeal & Shea Butter Soap Base?
Texture and Formulation
In its purest form, Craftiviti soap bases last longer. Our soaps are also firmer without using any artificial hardeners or chemical additives. When you slice through our raw soap base, you will notice how much resistance there is. The soap base is rich and compact, unlike some which are often light and brittle when cut.
Pick up our soap bases, and you can tell by the weight alone that it contains only pure soap made from the goodness of rich, pure oils. Pick up a lesser base and the weight is lesser too. This is because our Crystal Oatmeal & Shea Butter Soap Base contains no fillers. It only contains pure vegetable oils, shea butter and oatmeal combined with NaOH to create soap in its purest form.
Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Sucrose, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sorbitol, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Fine Oatmeal Powder), Silica, Sodium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Myristic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Lauric Acid, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate
For more soap making ingredients, tools, fragrance oils, essential oils, butters, carrier oils, craft kits and DIY workshops, please visit our Award Winning Experience outlet - Craftiviti.
For bulk orders, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org.