Easy to use and ideal for beginner soap makers, Stephenson Crystal Donkey Milk Soap Base offers effective cleansing with healing, rejuvenating and nourishing skin benefits from nutrient-rich donkey milk. This ethically sourced base is suitable for vegetarians.
This soap base is opaque white, highly moisturizing, long-lasting and firm to the touch. It produces a rich and smooth lather that does not dry out your skin.
2 ways of using this soap
- Use as it is. Cut the bar to the size you need. Suitable for total body and hand wash.
- Or, you can melt the soap base and add your own essential oils, fragrance oils, plant powders, soap dye, butters, carrier oils, etc. to customize soaps to your liking.
FUN FACT - This 1kg bar will make at least 10 bars of 100g soaps. Now that's a lot of bars!
- Size: Available in 1kg
- Form: Solid bar
- Odour: Characteristic Soap Scent (Unscented)
- Color: Off White Opaque
- Melting Point: 50 - 60°C
- Flash Point: Miscible
- pH: 9.5-10.5
- Biodegradability - Readily biodegradable
Benefits of Stephenson Donkey Milk Soap Base:
- Formulated with donkey milk, claimed to rejuvenate and regenerate the skin
- Our donkey milk is sustainably sourced from free range donkeys in Greece
- Suitable for vegetarians
- No scent / perfume
- No parabens
- No harmful chemicals
- No alcohol
- No allergenic properties
- High glycerin and moisturizing content
- Odourless base (for superior fragrance release)
- Safe for daily use
Benefits of Donkey Milk in soaps:
- Boosts skin moisture levels
- Repairs skin barrier
- Prevents fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps reduces acne
"Formulated and appreciated by professional and beginner soap makers for many years"
What makes a good soap base
- Check the ingredient list
- Get to know the supplier
- Let you skin be the judge
- Good soap bases do not last as long as commercial soaps because they do not contain fillers, thickeners or hardeners
- Make sure your soap base is not too hard or to soft. The consistency when cutting should be like butter
- Good soap bases should not smell like chemical or smell offending in any way
- Retains color and scent well
- Good soap bases are filled with glycerin which is very moisturizing. This causes soaps to sweat if not wrapped up. Sweating is a good sign.
- Should not be drying on your skin
How to make soap with Stephenson Donkey Milk Soap Base:
See here for more instructions: Beginner soap making
- Melt soap base in a double boiler or microwave over low heat to prevent over-heating.
- Allow the melted base to cool for 5 minutes.
- When using Essential Oils/Fragrance Oil, add approximately 1tsp to 450g of the soap base's weight. The strength of the scent will differ oil to oil.
- (Optional for moisturising effect) Add 1tbsp of pure shea butter or cocoa butter or any carrier oil to every 450g soap base
- You can also add in soap dyes or other additives such as lavender buds or rose petals, etc.
- Pour into mold or container and let it set for 2 to 3 hours
- Once the soap has hardened, pop it out and cling wrap the soap for keeping. You can use it right away too!
Why choose Stephenson Donkey Milk Soap Base?
Texture and Formulation
In its purest form, Craftiviti soap bases last longer. Our soaps are also firmer without using any artificial hardeners or chemical additives. When you slice through our raw soap base, you will notice how much resistance there is. The soap base is rich and compact, unlike some which are often light and brittle when cut.
Pick up our soap bases, and you can tell by the weight alone that it contains only pure soap made from the goodness of rich, pure oils. Pick up a lesser base and the weight is lesser too. This is because our Donkey's Milk Soap Base contains no fillers. It only contains pure vegetable oils and Donkey's Milk combined with NaOH to create soap in its purest form.
Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sorbitol, Sodium Laurate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Donkey Milk, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate
For more soap making ingredients, tools, fragrance oils, essential oils, butters, carrier oils, craft kits and DIY workshops, please visit our Award Winning Experience outlet - Craftiviti.
For bulk orders, kindly email email@example.com.