Craftiviti is an official licensed supplier (Type B Poisons License) of Borax Decahydrate, which is a refined form of natural sodium borate. Composed of boric oxide (B2O3), sodium oxide, and water, Borax Decahydrate is a mild, alkaline salt, white and crystalline.
FACTS ON BORAX DECAHYDRATE
- Used to make detergents
- Can be added to formulations to clean hard surfaces such as metals, glass and ceramics
- Incorporated in many cleaning products as a pH buffering agent, to aid in the emulsification of oils, antiseptic, preservative and as a gentle abrasive
- Form: Powder
- Packing size: 1kg (For bulk orders, please email email@example.com)
- DO NOT CONSUME.
How to Purchase
- You can purchase borax at our outlet or online for the purpose of soap making only
- A copy of your personal ic/passport is needed as lye is a controlled substance
- For personal use, kindly fill in the pop up form with your a copy of ic/passport and signature
- For commercial use, kindly fill in the pop up form with your a copy of your Poison permit or license.
If you have a small business in need of frequent supplies of more than 1kg per month, it is best to obtain a permit at https://www.pharmacy.gov.my/v2/en.
We're really sorry as this item cannot be shipped internationally.
Why is Borax so Difficult to Purchase?
Borax is a controlled substance in Malaysia and requires an issuance of Poison License by the government. This is because Borax is used in many illegal applications. Under inexperienced hands, this chemical substance may be hazardous to the user. All purchases of Borax from this website can only be used to make detergents and must not be resold. Reselling of Borax requires a license under the Pharmaceutical Services Divisions, Ministry of Health Malaysia.
Who can purchase Borax
If you are a home-based detergent maker, you may purchase Borax in small quantities of not more than 1kg a month. This should be sufficient for home use.
If you have a small making business in need of frequent supplies of more than 1kg per month, it is best to obtain a permit at www.pharmacy.gov.my.
For businesses requiring borax in larger quantities, a license type B or D is required.
Please read the regulations and requirements in this link : https://www.pharmacy.gov.my/v2/sites/default/files/document-upload/poisons-act-1952-act-366.pdf
Always mix in a well ventilated area or even outdoors.
1st Aid To Do's
If Borax ever gets into your eyes or onto your skin, IMMEDIATELY:
Eyes – flush eyes for 30 mins with water then get immediate doctor's attention.
Skin – flush skin with lots of water for 15 mins. Get medical attention.
Inhalation – Get lots of fresh air. Seek medical attention.
Ingestion – Drink large quantity of water. Do not induce vomit. Seek immediate medical attention.
- Always keep borax in the original bottle with label attached.
- Do not store borax among foodstuffs.
- Do not keep in damp, humid areas.
- Always keep borax locked in a cupboard and out of reach from children and guests.
Warning This product must be used with caution as it is very corrosive.
ALWAYS USE GOGGLES AND GLOVES WHILE HANDLING. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.