This Creamy Palm Wax is a vegetable based hard wax of palm oil origin.
Unlike other palm waxes that hardens with a frosty look, this candle wax creates a unique smooth, white and creamy looking candles.
For transparent glass candles, fine cracks may appear on the sides of the candle depending on pouring temperature. To avoid this, you can use solid colored amber jars, metal containers or cement jars. This wax is suitable for pillar candles.
For finer and smoother finish, blend with soywax, paraffin or beeswax to the mixing ratio you desire.
- Ideal for making container, pillar & tealight candles
- Creates smooth, shiny and creamy white candles with a premium luxurious look
- Easy to pour
- Does not crystallize like normal palm wax
- Long burn time and lasting scent throw
- Can be blended with other natural waxes and paraffin wax
- Tested by professional candle makers
- Origin: Malaysia
- Color: White to off white
- Form: Solid flakes
- Odour: Mild oily fatty odour
- Fragrance load: 8% to 12% of weight of wax
- Fragrance adding: 60°C
- Pouring temperature: 60°C
- Melting point: 60°C
- Smoke point: 230°C to 254°C
- Flash point: 352°C - 354°C
- Solubility in water: Insoluble
- Solubility in solvent: Alcohol, chloroform, ether
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDLE MAKING:
- Get your wicks and sustainers ready by gluing it to the bottom of the containers.
- Clip the wick upright with plastic clip at the top of the containers.
- Melt wax (around 70 °C) in a steel pot directly over low fire or in a double boiler. Be careful not to overheat wax.
- Stir occasionally (overheated wax will discolour and/or burn your wax).
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir to lower the temperature. Blend in Fragrance Oil at 65 °C. You can also add in candle dye.
- Pour into mold or container at 60 °C.
- Allow wax to set at room temperature and let it cure for 1-2 days before using.
- To clean up your tools and pot, wipe them clean with a paper towel while the wax is still melted. Spray Isopropyl Alcohol and wipe again until clean.
WHEN BLENDING WITH PARAFFIN WAX...
You can use up to 60% of Creamy Palm Wax for container candles and thin pillar candles. For candles with larger diameters (70 mm onwards), Creamy Palm Wax should be reduced.
Creamy Palm Wax has different burn characteristics to paraffin waxes as it is a natural wax. It is recommended to use flat braided wicks that are 20% larger than the candle diameter for Creamy Palm Wax candles.
Soy wax vs palm wax
- Palm wax is a proud Malaysian product while our Perfect Pour Soy Wax is imported from USA. This makes palm wax more cost effective.
- Palm wax burns at a higher heat compared to soywax
- Palm wax retains scent longer than soy wax. However, the Perfect Pour Soy Wax is able to retain more fragrance load than most other waxes.
For more candle making ingredients, tools, waxes, fragrance oils, essential oils, butters, carrier oils, craft kits and DIY workshops, please visit our Award Winning Experience outlet - Craftiviti.